People with a bad back are always looking for things they can do to relieve their pain: Ice, heat, creams, massagers, back braces, etc. When your back hurts, you'll do just about anything to relieve it.
One of the things that people with back backs often find helpful is sitting in a recliner. However, there are SO many recliners on the market it's hard to know which one to pick.
In this post, I'll give some features to look for when buying a recliner, plus my top pick for the best recliner for people with a bad back.
Recliner Features To Help Bad Backs
There are many features that are important to look for when buying a recliner to best suite your back. Here are some of the key features to consider:
- Zero Gravity Recliner: Zero gravity recliners are designed to distribute your weight evenly, taking pressure off your back and spine. They work by reclining your body into a horizontal position that minimizes the compression force of gravity. Additionally, they help distribute your weight evenly across the chair to support all areas of your spine body while also reducing pressure points.
- Massage Recliner: Massage recliners come with built-in massage features that help to soothe and relieve back pain. They often have multiple massage modes, such as vibration, heat, and even shiatsu, that target different areas of the back and help to promote relaxation of your back muscles.
- Power Recliner with Lumbar Support: Power recliners with lumbar support are designed to provide extra support for your lower back, helping to reduce pain and improve posture. They often come with adjustable lumbar cushions that can be adjusted to provide the right amount of support for your specific needs.
- Rocking Recliner: Rocking recliners are a great choice for people with back pain because they help to gently massage the back and relieve tension. The rocking motion helps to activate your vestibular reflex, which activates your rest-and-digest system (parasympathetic nervous system). Just as you rock a baby to sleep, the vestibular reflex can help adults to relax mentally and physically.
- Recliner with Built-In Heat: Recliners with built-in heat are a great option for people with back pain because heat helps to relax and soothe sore muscles.
So What's The Best Recliner For People With A Bad Back?
Given all of the considerations above, my top pick for the best recliner for people with bad backs is the Comhoma Recliner Chair with Heat and Massage 360 Degree Swivel Rocker Rocking Recliner
Why The Comhoma Recliner Chair?
The Comhoma Recliner Chair is a great recliner for people with bad backs because it offers a multi-position recline anywhere from 90 degrees to 160 degrees.
Versatile Recline Is Key For Back Pain
There's no ideal posture that's perfect for every single person with back pain, so adjustability is a feature that's important in any chair be it a recliner or a desk chair.
Unlike many recliners that only offer 2 or 3 fixed positions, this Comhoma Recliner allows you to put your spine in the position that's best for YOUR back.
Heat and Massage Can Help Back Pain Too
Additionally, the Comhoma Recliner offers both heating and massage functions. These can help relieve muscle tension in your back.
The heat can be adjusted to your preferred temperature to provider relief without getting too hot. Additionally, you can set the heat on a timer so that you don't get burned if you fall asleep with it on.
The massage feature also has multiple modes that can target different areas of the back. You can also alter the intensity of the massage.
Twisting Is Bad For Back Pain
Finally, the Comhoma Recliner Chair offers a 360 degree swivel so that you can face any direction in the room without having to twist to see the TV or have a conversation. Your lower back joints weren't designed to twist, to avoiding sitting in a twisted position can help relieve your back pain
In addition to its comfort and therapeutic features, the Comhoma Recliner Chair is also designed for style and functionality. It has a sleek and modern design that will complement any living space, and it is made with high-quality materials that are durable and easy to clean.
Given all of it's features, it's also reasonably priced compared to other comparable chairs on the market.
Overall, the Comhoma Recliner Chair is a great recliner for people with a bad back.
However, there are other things you should consider when using any recliner for back pain.
To learn those considerations, read my post on How To Sit In A Recliner Or On A Couch With Sciatica.
Additionally, it's important to find out the root cause of your back pain. If you'd like help to discover what's causing your back pain and how to stop it, tap the button below to request a Free Discovery Visit with one of our specialists.
Need More Help For Back Pain When Sitting?
If so, check our our posts "5 Tips To Avoid Sciatica Or Lower Back Pain When Driving"
and "How To Relieve Lower Back Pain While Sitting: The Ultimate Guide"
Plus Check Out My Online Course Relieve Sciatic Nerve Pain At Home