Do You Get Back Pain When Standing Up From A Sitting Position?
Many people who suffer from back pain or sciatica get a catch when standing up from a sitting position. Often they'll complain that it takes them a few steps before they can stand up straight.
Watch the video below to learn how to stand up from a sitting position, without back pain or sciatica...
Stand Up From A Sitting Position Without Back Pain Or Sciatica
Getting in and out of a chair is a problem for a lot of people that have back pain. The task of standing up from a seated position can become more and more of a challenge as you age, especially if you suffer from back pain or sciatica.
Even worse, the longer you've been sitting, the harder it gets to stand back up from sitting. How you sit plays a big role in how stiff you'll be when you go to stand back up from sitting.
However, learning how to stand up properly will help you prevent back pain or sciatica when standing up from sitting.
Use these tips to make it easy to stand up from a sitting position without back pain or sciatica:
- Scoot to the front edge of the chair.
- Bend your knees to get your feet underneath of you.
- Lean forward to bring your center of gravity over your feet. Your bottom should almost naturally start to rise as your head goes forward.
- Straighten your knees and allow your pelvis to roll under you, keeping your back slightly rounded.
- When you get all the way upright, don't lean backward. Even if it feels like you’re still bent over, you’re probably not. That's just the position that your body has gotten used to as "normal".
Sitting down is actually just the opposite:
- Lean your trunk forward and push your hips backward reaching back for the chair.
- Allow your knees to bend
- When your bottom hits the seat, THEN raise your trunk back upward.
- Scoot to the BACK of the chair so that your back can rest comfortably against the backrest. See our last post "This Is A Chair! Do You Know How To Use It?" for more advice on sitting posture.
Want More Useful Tips on How To Keep Your Back Healthy?
Download our FREE Guide full of self-help tips for back pain that you can start using today!
Is Your Back Pain More URGENT?
Choose one of the options below for the quickest relief...
Like this post? Check out our other great posts on BACK PAIN
Do You Get Knee Pain When Standing Up From A Sitting Position?
If so, check our our post "Relieve Knee Pain When Standing Up From A Sitting Position"