Do You Get Neck Pain When Sleeping?
Try These Sleeping Positions To Relieve Neck Pain So You Can Get A Good Night's Sleep Without Waking Up With A Sore, Stiff Neck
Watch the video below to learn more...
Use These Sleeping Positions To Relieve Neck Pain
If you have neck pain when sleeping on your back:
- You want to have enough pillows behind your head to completely fill the space behind your neck without leaving a gap, but not push you up into an extended position.
- You may need an additional towel behind your head to keep your neck in a neutral position and relieve neck pain when sleeping on your back.
- You can also use a pillow with a built in wedge or a customizable wedge pillow set so that you can conform your pillows to what works best for your body. Here are some examples below.
For most people, sleeping on your side is the best position to relieve neck pain
It's also good for back pain, hip pain, and knee pain. Sleeping on your side gives you the most options to position your body optimally.
To relieve neck pain when sleeping on your side:
- When sleeping on your side, you want a pillow that is going to completely fill the space between your head and neck and the bed.
- Your pillow should keep your head and neck in a neutral position without pushing you too far up or letting your head and neck sag down.
- If you have shoulder pain as well, you may need to roll back on your shoulder blade and hug another pillow with your top arm. You neck and shoulder are closely related, and if your shoulder is not positioned correctly, it can contribute to neck pain when sleeping.
Do You Want More Great Tips To Relieve Neck Pain?
Request a copy of our FREE Neck Pain Guide...
Do You Need Some Help For YOUR Neck Pain?
Choose one of the options below to talk to our specialist...