Will Your New Year's Resolution Fail Again In 2020?
Watch the video below to learn how to make this year different!
If you Fail To Plan, then you'd better Plan To Fail!
New Year's Resolutions often end up failing because people think they start on January 1, or January 2, or the first Monday after the first day in January... and by that point, sometimes they don't get ever get off of the ground in the first place! Any successful lifestyle change that is going to last long-term starts with having a plan. For most health related New Year's resoloutions, that starts with one of 3 things, weight loss, eating healthier, or improving physical fitness or exercise. But that's a goal, not a plan. It's like the St. Louis Blues saying they want to win the Stanley Cup at the end of the season, but not making any plan as to what needs to be done throughout the course of the season in practice in order to get there.
Here are a list of top questions to ask yourself:
- What is my end-of-the year goal?
- Where do I see myself at 3, 6, and 9 months into the year?
- What steps will l need to take to get there?
- What type of exercise will I do?
- How many days per week? How long each day?
- Where will I exercise? What about when it's cold and icy out?
- What foods will I need to buy?
- When will I go to the grocery store each week?
- Will I really take the time to cook? Do I even like or know how to cook?
- What is my back-up plan when things don't go the way I had originally planned (a.k.a. whe life happens)?
- How important is my health goal to me? What is the consequence if I DON'T achieve it?
- How committend am I? Will I really hold myself accountable?
- ...and many, many more
If this seems overwhelming to you, you're not alone. That's why for most people, NEW YEAR'S RESOLUTIONS DON'T WORK!
...Unless You've Got A Solid Game Plan!
If you'd like some help to make sure your New Year's resolution works out in 2020, we'd be happy to join your team and help you put together a plan to help you succeed! Fill out the form below to let us know your health goals for 2020 and exactly how you'd like us to help you... the more we know, the better we can help!